If you have a medical condition or live by yourself a Medical alarm is your ticket to a safer, more independent lifestyle.
Providing you and your family with 24/7 peace of mind the device can be worn as a pendant or wristband
- Water resistant for use in the bath or shower
- Long range capability provides coverage in virtually any home or garden
- Ministry of Social Development (MSD) and Work & Income (WINZ) approved
How it works
If emergency help is required simply press the button to access
- Emergency assistance from our highly trained support staff monitoring you 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- You choose the help you require friend, family member, ambulance, fire, security officer
- If we can’t contact, you or you ask us to we despatch an ambulance with the ambulance costs payed for
- Water resistant personal help button can be worn either as a pendant or wristband
- Two-way voice intercom doubles as a speaker phone
- No telephone required
- Device self-tests daily with battery backup in case of power failure
- Long range capability means coverage in virtually any house or section
- Free and professional installation including a lockbox for a spare key
- MSD Approved supplier of Medical alarms means funding for the alarm can be covered through Work & Income.
How it helps you & your family
- 24/7 Monitoring Help For Seniors
As one gets older, there tends to be greater isolation. In most cases, seniors living by themselves are on their own or they can’t just call someone close by for help. They may be weaker than before and less socially active. Over the years, friends and relatives may have moved away. The children, too, may be occupied at work or in another city far from them. Having a medical alert system ensures they can speak with a live trained professional 24/7 for help when they have an emergency.
- Higher Risk Of Medical Emergencies With Age
It is a fact of life that as one grows older, one is not physically as strong anymore. The elderly may not be as well coordinated in their movements like before. The risk of slipping or falling is one of the leading reasons that seniors above the age of 65 visit the emergency room. With them living alone, the risk factor can increase. Just a single slip can have dire consequences, and the faster they can get help, the better.
- Most Of Us Like To Live Independently
Not matter the age, most of us value our independence tremendously. We are used to having things our way, and living in our homes allows that. Yet we want to be safe and get help as quickly as possible when needed. This can be made possible through a medical alert system.
- Delay The Move To A Long Term Care Facility
A delay in moving into a nursing home not only allows for more independent living, but saves on costs associated with living in a nursing home. 40% of nursing homes cite that the fear of falls is a main reason seniors choose to move over. One study said that on average, a medical alarm system delayed the move into a nursing home by 6 years.
- Overall Peace Of Mind For Users & Their Loved Ones
A medical alert system not only provides peace of mind to seniors but also to their children and loved ones. As a child or grandchild, with an elderly loved one living far away from you and alone, you may be constantly thinking how they are, if they are safe. When you have this alarm system, your worry about their safety will be lessened. With this system, you can let them have their own space as you busy yourself with work.